Thursday, February 14, 2019

Wine Tasting - Rex Goliath Cabernet Sauvignon



Name: Rex-Goliath Cabernet Sauvignon
Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: Madera, California
Country: USA
Year: Label doesn't say!
Price: $6

Winery Review: Our hearty Cabernet is dark and intense - it's long on fruit and short on attitude. A bold, full-bodied wine with juicy blackberry, sweet plum, and pepper spice flavors.

My Review: For the price, this wine is great. This wine has a very fruit-forward smell and taste, and I picked up on blackberry and plum flavors. There is little aftertaste, and no bitterness or tannins to detect. I don't detect much complexity or any deeper flavors than fruit. For a Cabernet Sauvignon this guy has a relatively light body, and makes for a pleasant casual drinking wine. I drank this on it's own and also paired with some brie cheese, and it was great in both cases. I think I'll definitely be buying this one again as a go-to cheap sauvignon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment