Saturday, February 9, 2019

Tasting - Dellatorri Chianti Classico



Name: Dellatorri
Variety: Red Wine
Region: Chianti
Country: Italy
Year: 2015
Price: $14 (discounted to $8)

Winery Review: Deep red in color with a ripe cherry nose, hints of tobacco and sweet spice. Juicy front palate with notes of oak, crisp acidity, rounded body and excellent balance.

My Review: This wine had a robust smell to it, in which I could heavily detect the cherry, tobacco, and oaky smells. The taste was a little underwhelming - the wine felt really well balanced and not at all tannic, with a very light body, but none of the flavors I smelled came forward on the palate. I didn't enjoy drinking this on it's own, so I grabbed some red pepper hummus to pair it with and I think having a slightly spicy food helped bring forth some complexity of the wine and gave it a more developed flavor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment