Friday, February 8, 2019

Tasting - Altano Douro Red Wine 2015

Name: Altano Douro
Variety: Red Blend
Region: Gaia
Country: Portugal
Year: 2015
Price: $10

Winery Review: This Altano DOC Douro red wine is made from a combination of several traditional Douro grape varieties sourced from the Symington family’s Douro Valley vineyards, principally those located in the Cima Corgo and Douro Superior subregions.

Deep, crimson color. This Altano red reveals scented floral aromas and focused, fresh fruit, reflecting the very good year in which Touriga Franca shone. Simultaneously full and silky on the palate, well defined red fruit flavors come to the fore, enveloped in soft, ripe tannins and spicy notes. Generous, well-structured and elegant.


My Review: This wine had a very fruity aroma which translated to a fruity taste. I also felt like I picked up some woody flavors, like oak. This wine wasn't too sweet, and I thought it had a good, fairly rich flavor. I paired it with some havarti cheese and crackers. I would drink this wine again, although for $10 it wouldn't be my first pick. Overall this was decent, but not a favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment